Texas Cowboy Chili (4 – Servings)
1 lb. beef sirloin or top round strips for stir fry
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. flour
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup Chunky Salsa
1 green pepper, chopped
1-3/4 cup beef broth
Toppings: Shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped green onions and chunky salsa.
- Cut beef strips crosswise into small cubes.
- Heat oil in saucepot. Add beef and cook until browned and juices evaporate, stirring often.
- Add onion, pepper and cumin and cook until vegetables are tender crisp. Stir in flour and cook 1 minutes.
- Add salsa and beef broth. Heat to a boil. Cook over low heat 20 minutes or until done. Serve with toppings
- Serve with hard crusted breads