- Date: July 31st to August 10th, 2014
- Meet at big 5, 4am on 31st, and be back to SB by 10pm on the 10th!
We will be hiking north from Agnew Meadows trailhead, along the John Muir Trail, over Thousand Island and Donohue Passes, into Tuolumne Meadows.
The trek will have us turning west and hiking past Cathedral and Sunrise lakes, summiting Clouds Rest and Half Dome peaks before ending our trek at Happy Isles trailhead in Yosemite Valley. Few treks offer the famous peaks, spectacular scenery and breathtaking views we’ll be enjoying.
- David Z
- Ben Z
Adults: Paul Johnson, Nick Teng
- Nick S
- William Belfiore
- ASM Mr. Belfiore
- Mr. Acuna
As of May 13, about half of those signed up actually qualify for the trek. It is important that scouts planning on attending this Sierra Trek participate in the remaining troop events in order to qualify for the trek!
ASM Teng will go over the participation percentage with scouts one by one to clarify the qualification. Due to wait list, we may use participation score to determine the final members of this year’s trek!
Things to watch for
- We’ll only be carrying half of our food on the trail, picking up the other half in Tuolomne Meadows.
- We’ll be climbing the cables up Half Dome. So physical fitness and extreme caution must be observed.
- We are hiking in Bear Country, all food will be stored in bear cans.
We will need adults help for driving scouts to Mammoth Lake, dropping off the food at Tuolume Meadow, shuffling car to Yosemite and 9 days later cars to drive back scouts from Yosemite to Santa Barbara.
- Pre-Trek questions and answers session and detail handout. TBD
- Foods handout date: TBD
- Any questions and suggestions, please email ASM Teng at [email protected] or call his cellphone at 805-259-6622