The next Troop 26 Parent Committee meeting is this Tuesday, February 3, 2015. All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend these meetings.
Thank you to all of the parents who volunteered last month to lead several of our events this year. Here is a summary of my notes from our January meeting.
- April Camporee BBQ – Jim Hirsch
- Popcorn Kernel – Gillian Swanson
- Travel Czar – Paul
- Scouting Journey to Excellence Coordinators – Gillian Swanson, Jill Doubleday and Mary Ebeling
- Script Coordinator – Tasha Williams
- July 4th Chair Setup – Chuck Randall
- Summer BBQ @ Goleta Beach in September – Jim Hirsh, Buffy Fitch and Chuck Randall
- Court of Honor Potlucks – Jill Doubleday
If I’ve missed something or you think that this is incorrect, please let me know.
Camp Scholarships & Financial Assistance
Throughout my time as a parent and adult leader in Scouting, I’ve heard (and seen first hand) that if a Scout attends a Summer camp, they are much more likely to remain in Scouts and reap the benefits of doing so.
While every effort is made to keep the cost of scouting low, there are some costs that are hard to avoid.
For equipment, please be sure to take a look through our Scout Closet. It is a treasure trove of used gear that is still in good shape. This can go a long way towards your scout having the right gear for an outing without breaking the bank.
For larger expenses such as Summer Camp, if you need assistance with the fee, please contact me. I am usually at all of the Troop meetings or you can reach me via email. All requests for financial assistance will be kept confidential.
If you have not done so already, please be sure to turn in your Part A & B medical forms to ASM Mintzer. We need those for every scout in the troop ASAP regardless of when you turned them in, in 2014.