Sept 14/15 Limekiln/Big Sur car camp and hiking (Benoit/Belfiore)
- leave at 7 am from Big 5, car camping, need adults to drive – coordinate with Mr. Benoit next week – 2 adults coming. No cost for this trip, will have to work out food cost
Requests for Reimbursement from the Troop
- Mr. Belfiore – reminded people about turning in requests for reimbursement. Forms are available in the file folder in the meeting room. Please fill out, attach receipts and use “best practices”. Mr. Belfiore and Mr. Johnson can write checks
Sept 17 Summer COH (sheet cakes-Spencer)
– starts at the regular time, will be a lot of advancements and merit badges
Sept 21 Troop BBQ 4-7 Stow Park Grove(Miller)
– taco spread, need everything but the meat, so please sign up, there will be Dutch oven cooking, a game of capture the flag – need parents to help lead that? Still need more sign ups – either sign up in person or online
Oct 5 and 6th volunteers needed for Chumash Pow Wow
– volunteers really needed, they have been very generous to scouts and Rancho Alegre – parking, trash collecting and distributing water, stocking ice, selling t-shirts and light kitchen help. It does fairly late, goes fairly late – you can camp if you want. Its at Live Oak, 5$ parking, free entry, native American dancing. Camping also available at Larsen Meadow. Community service/scout hours available. Contact Scoutmaster Weakliem to schedule.
2020 year calendar- preliminary review and approval
Summer Camp Options
– High Sierra – 7 hours away – have to have drivers committed to driving
– Camp Whitsett – No. 2
Other trips – spring break
– Colorado river – Scoutmasters voted down idea
– Sisquoc Loop – 45mile loop in local back country
Younger Sierra Trek
– Immigrant Wilderness
– Dusy Basin
– Death Valley
– Mountain Biking
– Bear Creek
– Piedra Blanca
– Beartrap/Rays Camp
2. Play ground
3. Inspiration Point
4. Deep Sea Fishing
5. Camino Cielo
6. Mission Falls
7. Wind Caves
8. Gaviota Peak
9. Montecito Peak
10. Snorkeling Day
11. Redrock/Gibraltar mercury mine
12. Trail work day
13. Ski Trip – trying to keep trip costs down, so this seemed like a bit much especially with Philmont coming up.
Next step: ASMs take the schedule and try to take leaders to take charge of the trips
Report from the Treasurer Pete Bohley
Mr Bohley takes money in and tracks/Mr. Belfiore spends it.
Has account status for everyone that has an account – troop in good financial health, 6K a month going in and out. 28K in the account right now because large trips coming up – Philmont and Tomales Bay. There is some delay sometimes between signups and treasurer awareness.
Current planning/funded trips:
Tamales Bay – 13 scouts and 6 adults so far – $320 due today
Philmont – $1,600 trip – next summer – done once every 3 years – 21 scouts signed up and 7 scout masters – 11 are overdue – by next meeting should be $500 per scout.
What can parents do to help
Scout signs up early for things and then comes when they sign up, make sure your medical forms are up to date and turned into Dr. Tressler. Adults you also need to have forms submitted, and a form C if over 72 hours.
Keep up with your training – YPT
Need drivers – so having YPT drivers ready to do that is significant
When trips are over – please arrive on time to pick up your scout, and put on your Form B other parents that can drive your scout home.
Report from Scoutmaster
– Mr. Weakliem – Encourage new scouts to attend the overnight trips coming up. Philmont – buying tickets soon – this is the time to commit, so please decide now if your scout is going. Troop does go every 3 years so if the scout is close to 14, waiting for the next opportunity is a great option.
Calendar was approved by the Parent Committee.
Long term calendar
Oct 19-21 (Sat-Mon) Tomales Bay kayak (Monday is SB school holiday) $320 payment due 9/3
Philmont 2020: 6/13/20-6/28/20 $1600 ($600 overdue, $500 due 10/1, $500 due 2/4/20) (Weakliem)
New Business/ Questions/ comments from Committee &Parents
Friends of Troop 26 501(c)(3) complete we have a Tax ID# and a bank account – all complete! Great news – no $ in there yet. Mr. Schley and his firm donated their time to get this set up.
Reminder to please decide about Philmont and pay soon.
Parent Committee volunteers open spots:
Need a graphics designer to rework some brochures