Everyone, parents and adult volunteers wants our Scouts to have the best possible safe scouting experience. When everyone is involved and trained will we have achieved the safe and rewarding Scouting experience our youth deserve.
Accordingly, the Los Padres Council Executive Board has adopted the following training policy and goals:
1. Youth Protection Training will be required annually for all registered leaders. All volunteers should also complete annually.
2. All Direct Contact Leaders MUST complete their required position specific Basic Training courses.
3. Positions requiring Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills (IOLS) have until December 31, 2016 to complete that training course. (These positions are Scoutmaster & Asst. Scoutmaster)
4. Merit Badge Counselors must complete their training course by March 31, 2016 (their annual registration date) to remain counselors
5. Indirect Contact leaders (committee members and Parent coordinators) must complete their position basic training by December 31, 2016 in order to be registered when their unit re-charters.
Youth Protection Training and Position Specific Basic Training courses are online at myScouting.org.
The classes listed below are offered by the district and are not online.
Please use Lpcbsa.org for scheduled trainings and sign ups.
If anyone has any questions: Please contact Jyll Doubleday at Jylld@cox.net troop 26 training facilitator
A second group of scouts did a longer Sierra Trek on the western side, out of Courtright Reservoir. The trek covered 55 miles in 8 days with about 9,000 feet of climbing across two major passes (including the aptly named ‘Hell For Sure Pass’). While our historian was on the shorter trip (see his “Younger Scout Sierra Trek 2017” article) for the longer trip, we’ll just have to do with ‘a picture is worth 1,000 words: Older Scout Sierra Trek 2017 Video